Connect with us

News from the South - South Carolina News Feed

Week 10 Highlights East Clarendon vs Marion 2024

Published

on

www.youtube.com – WPDE ABC15 – 2024-11-01 23:06:25


SUMMARY: In a local football matchup, East Claron faced off against Maran, with East Claron looking strong early in the season. During the first quarter, a notable play by Big O brought East Claron close to scoring, leading to a touchdown that made it 6-0. In the second quarter, Tyrese Davis scored, extending Maran’s lead to 7-6. However, Maran lost possession, allowing East Claron to capitalize. Despite impressive plays from Maran’s Leon, East Claron ultimately won the game 42-22, improving to 7-3 for the season while Maran finished winless in region play, marking the end of their season.

To watch the full EndZone, click here: https://wpde.com/sports/friday-night-rivals/game-replays/socastee-vs-st-james-friday-night-rivals-hs-football-game-of-the-week#
_______________
Stay up to date with our social media:

WPDE on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WPDEABC15/
WPDE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/wpdeabc15
Subscribe to WPDE on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0sxo5Ocp8eSFqr9F1URpg/?sub_confirmation=1

Daily News Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCFE982C7D59E70C1

For more information, visit https://wpde.com/

Have a news tip? Send it directly to us:

Email us: abc15news@wpde.com
Call the Newsroom: 843.487.3001

WPDE is a SC based station and an ABC Television affiliate owned and operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group. WWMB is a SC based station and a CW Television affiliate owned and operated by Howard Stirk Holdings and receives certain services from an affiliation of Sinclair Broadcast Group.

#WPDE #ABC15News #ABC15 #WPDE15 #MyrtleBeach

Source

News from the South - South Carolina News Feed

Dawn Staley says she would have left South Carolina for New York Knicks coaching job

Published

on

www.abccolumbia.com – ABC Columbia Staff – 2025-08-28 09:29:00

SUMMARY: Dawn Staley revealed she would have left South Carolina, where she won three national championships, to become the New York Knicks head coach if offered the job. She interviewed for the position before the Knicks hired Mike Brown last month. Staley emphasized the significance of breaking barriers as the NBA’s first female head coach. During her interview, she asked Knicks officials if they were prepared for the unique challenges of hiring a female coach, which she believes may have hurt her chances. Despite this, Staley felt she performed well but sensed a shift in energy after raising those concerns.

Read the full article

The post Dawn Staley says she would have left South Carolina for New York Knicks coaching job appeared first on www.abccolumbia.com

Continue Reading

News from the South - South Carolina News Feed

One year ago: Clinton fire scorches through historic piece of city's downtown

Published

on

www.youtube.com – WYFF News 4 – 2025-08-27 22:37:46


SUMMARY: One year ago, a devastating fire tore through several historic buildings on Musgrove Street in downtown Clinton, destroying four businesses and leaving a large empty lot. The fire engulfed beloved local establishments like House of Pizza and Aspen and Figs, deeply impacting owners who had invested their heart and soul into their businesses. Despite financial support from insurance and community backing, the loss remains painful. House of Pizza recently reopened nearby, symbolizing resilience. While recovery continues, the future of the vacant site remains uncertain. The fire marked a significant change, with the town still healing from the loss and looking forward to rebuilding.

One year ago: Clinton fire scorches through historic piece of city’s downtown

Subscribe to WYFF on YouTube now for more: http://bit.ly/1mUvbJX

Get more Greenville news: http://www.wyff4.com
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/WYFF4
Follow us: http://twitter.com/wyffnews4
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wyffnews4/

Source

Continue Reading

News from the South - South Carolina News Feed

At least five children injured in a shooting at a Minneapolis Catholic school

Published

on

www.abccolumbia.com – Associated Press – 2025-08-27 10:05:00

SUMMARY: On August 27, 2025, a shooting at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis injured at least five children during the first week of classes. Authorities contained the shooter, and no active threat remained. Governor Tim Walz called the incident “horrific” and expressed prayers for those affected. Children’s Minnesota and Hennepin Healthcare treated the injured. The school was evacuated, and families were directed to a reunification zone. The shooting followed multiple fatal shootings in Minneapolis within 24 hours and came amid a wave of hoax shooting calls on U.S. campuses. President Trump and local officials monitored the situation closely.

Read the full article

The post At least five children injured in a shooting at a Minneapolis Catholic school appeared first on www.abccolumbia.com

Continue Reading

Trending