Gulfport house fire claims home

86 views

www.wxxv25.com – WXXV Staff – 2023-01-09 11:33:38

A family survives a house fire over the weekend – thanks to their smoke alarm.

Fire Rescue received a call at 2:30 Saturday morning about a house fire on Steeplechase Drive, off Landon Road.

When responders arrived, the home was already too engulfed in flames to save it. The entire family and their cat were waiting outside.

When the smoke alarm went off, the family had enough time to collect themselves and leave the burning home, a powerful reminder that smoke alarms can save lives.

Fire Chief Pat Sullivan says, “What happened was the smoke…

Source link