News from the South - South Carolina News Feed
'I'm disappointed': PALM Charter High student speaks out on board member elections
SUMMARY: At a recent Palm Charter School board meeting, tensions between the board and parents continued, affecting students who feel unheard. Junior Tyler Grib voiced concerns over the lack of student representation during ongoing disputes, stating it’s unfair for students to be overlooked amid recent chaos. Grib reminisced about the school’s previous fun and educational activities that have diminished. Amidst discussions of bylaws and governance changes, new board member Pam Martin expressed her desire to improve school issues. The board faces pressure for fair elections, with the next ones planned for spring, though scheduling remains uncertain.
For the first time, a student of PALM Charter High School spoke about the recent board member elections.
Tyler Gryb, a junior at PALM, expressed some of the concerns of students throughout the process.
“I believe that some of the things that the school has endured over the last eight months, some things they have drug me through, its kind of been unfair to a lot of students. A lot of students haven’t had a voice in it,” said Gryb.
Read more: https://bit.ly/4gW6RF9
Read more: https://bit.ly/43bYGRJ
Stay up to date with our social media:
WPDE on Facebook: https://bit.ly/40qKSB6
WPDE on Twitter: https://bit.ly/428u5UP
Subscribe to WPDE on YouTube: https://bit.ly/40uY5cs
Have a news tip? Send it directly to us: Email us: abc15news@wpde.com Call the Newsroom: 843.487.3001
WPDE is a SC based station and an ABC Television affiliate owned and operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group. WWMB is a SC based station and a CW Television affiliate owned and operated by Howard Stirk Holdings and receives certain services from an affiliation of Sinclair Broadcast Group. #WPDE #ABC15News #ABC15 #WPDE15 #MyrtleBeach
News from the South - South Carolina News Feed
Trump revokes Secret Service protection for former Vice President Harris after Biden had extended it
SUMMARY: President Donald Trump has revoked Secret Service protection for former Vice President Kamala Harris, a senior White House official confirmed. Traditionally, former vice presidents receive six months of protection, but the Biden administration extended Harris’s detail to 18 months. Trump’s executive memorandum ends her security services effective Monday. Harris, who lost to Trump in the 2024 election and is launching a memoir book tour, is considered a potential 2028 presidential candidate. Trump’s decision follows a pattern of cutting security for political figures who fell out of favor. The move raises concerns among security experts amid a polarized political climate.
Read the full article
The post Trump revokes Secret Service protection for former Vice President Harris after Biden had extended it appeared first on www.abccolumbia.com
News from the South - South Carolina News Feed
Dawn Staley says she would have left South Carolina for New York Knicks coaching job
SUMMARY: Dawn Staley revealed she would have left South Carolina, where she won three national championships, to become the New York Knicks head coach if offered the job. She interviewed for the position before the Knicks hired Mike Brown last month. Staley emphasized the significance of breaking barriers as the NBA’s first female head coach. During her interview, she asked Knicks officials if they were prepared for the unique challenges of hiring a female coach, which she believes may have hurt her chances. Despite this, Staley felt she performed well but sensed a shift in energy after raising those concerns.
Read the full article
The post Dawn Staley says she would have left South Carolina for New York Knicks coaching job appeared first on www.abccolumbia.com
News from the South - South Carolina News Feed
One year ago: Clinton fire scorches through historic piece of city's downtown
SUMMARY: One year ago, a devastating fire tore through several historic buildings on Musgrove Street in downtown Clinton, destroying four businesses and leaving a large empty lot. The fire engulfed beloved local establishments like House of Pizza and Aspen and Figs, deeply impacting owners who had invested their heart and soul into their businesses. Despite financial support from insurance and community backing, the loss remains painful. House of Pizza recently reopened nearby, symbolizing resilience. While recovery continues, the future of the vacant site remains uncertain. The fire marked a significant change, with the town still healing from the loss and looking forward to rebuilding.
One year ago: Clinton fire scorches through historic piece of city’s downtown
Subscribe to WYFF on YouTube now for more: http://bit.ly/1mUvbJX
Get more Greenville news: http://www.wyff4.com
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/WYFF4
Follow us: http://twitter.com/wyffnews4
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wyffnews4/
-
News from the South - Texas News Feed5 days ago
Racism Wrapped in Rural Warmth
-
News from the South - Missouri News Feed6 days ago
Donors to private school voucher program removed from Missouri transparency site
-
News from the South - Alabama News Feed6 days ago
Child in north Alabama has measles, says Alabama Department of Public Health
-
News from the South - Texas News Feed6 days ago
Texas Democrats’ walkout prompts GOP retribution
-
Our Mississippi Home6 days ago
After the Winds: Kindness in Katrina’s Wake
-
News from the South - Tennessee News Feed6 days ago
A marsh bird found in Tennessee wetlands is endangered. FWS is drafting a plan.
-
News from the South - Alabama News Feed7 days ago
Wilsonville residents seek preemptive strike against massive data center project
-
News from the South - Missouri News Feed6 days ago
New Missouri law means state is no longer allowed to seize assets of prison inmates